The term Bendigo Student Association or “BSA” or "us" or "we" refers to the owner of the website who reside in Australia, and are governed by Australian law. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information, materials or features on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
• Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of Australia.
The BSA is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The BSA may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 1, 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as country, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping
• We may use the information to improve our products and services
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
• On this site there may be offers to provide goods or services via a third party, in this instance your details will be provided to the third party, this is done in the agreement that the third party will use this data for delivery of their service only
• As a member of a club or participant of a BSA organised event you agree that your details are accessible to BSA staff and organisers of clubs or events and may be used by these people for this purpose
• The BSA may email you with offers that it considers are of benefit to you or the student body
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. The BSA club and events structure does allow club and event organisers access to your data. The BSA requires online acknowledgement of the privacy of this information but offers no guarantee that persons or organisation will meet this obligation. To date, the system has worked perfectly.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest; however, once you have used a link to leave our site, we do not have any control over that website. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of information which you provide whilst visiting linked sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing or contact purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by updating your information in the member's area
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting but only if we have permission by you to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us here: email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the BSA and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the BSA. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the BSA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Site User Disclaimer
All use of this website and any services or links contained herein are subject to the following terms and conditions:
You can sign up for BSA membership through this website or in person from the BSA Info Desk.
As a member of the BSA, you agree to be bound by each of these terms and conditions and any other notices accepted by you on this website. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions you should not access this website or use any of its services or products, including the services or products provided by the BSA or third parties linked to The BSA.
These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time and are effective upon posting on this website or as otherwise communicated to you.
You understand and accept that participating in any BSA or associated club events is at your own risk and that all persons connected with the organising or hosting of any event are released from all liability for all injury, loss and damage, whether that liability is caused by your own negligence or otherwise.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the BSA and its directors, affiliates, officers, employees, agents, contractors, successors and assigns, for any claim, loss, damage or other injury arising out of any act or omission on your part during the event or associated activity.
Conditions for the purchaser of goods or services from this site
Refunds are not provided for services or purchases made from this site unless otherwise negotiated with the BSA or affiliated club.
Delivery time is dependent on purchase type and may not be available in all instances. For events, delivery or pick up times will be relevant to the date of the event (either original or revised). For purchase of physical items in stock, pick up will be available from the advertised location during opening hours or delivered if delivery service is available.
Hypertext links are not to be taken as implying any link between the BSA and those various organisations or individuals. The user of a link remains responsible for any fees charged by the linked site and is reminded that merely downloading images and/or text would amount to a breach of Australian and international laws unless permission is given by that site.